Altrenogest 2.2mg/mL in a vegetable oil solution
For regulation and control of the breeding cycle of mares and the maintenance of pregnancy in habitually aborting mares or mares at risk of early abortion.
• To induce ovulatory oestrus early in the breeding season in mares where some follicular activity exists.
• For the suppression of oestrus either during prolonged oestrus or in normally cycling mares.
• For the control of the ovarian cycle in breeding mares to allow the most efficient use of the stallion.
• For suppression of oestrus behaviour in fillies and mares engaged in competition.
• For the maintenance of pregnancy in habitually aborting mares or mares at risk of early embryonic death or abortion..
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Mares will begin to show oestrous behaviour 3-5 days after cessation of treatment with Ovu-Mate and ovulate 10-12 days after cessation of treatment.
Dosage for oral administration. Administer 1 mL Ovu-Mate per 50 kg bodyweight (equivalent to 0.044 mg Altrenogest per kg) daily (12.5 mL per 625 kg mare). Ovu-Mate may be administered in the feed or orally by syringe.
1. For regulation and control of the breeding cycle of mares
• For the induction of ovulatory oestrus or to induce cyclical ovarian activity in mares with some follicle activity early in the breeding season: administer Ovu-Mate daily for 10 consecutive days.
• For the suppression of oestrus in normally cycling mares: administer Ovu- Mate daily for 15 consecutive days.
• For the suppression of prolonged oestrus: administer Ovu-Mate daily for 10 consecutive days.
• To control the breeding cycle of mares to allow programmed use of the stallion: administer Ovu-Mate daily for 15 consecutive days.
2. For the treatment of habitually aborting mares, or mares at risk of early embryonic death or abortion
Administer Ovu-Mate daily, from the 2nd or 3rd day after ovulation in the mated or inseminated mare, continuing until day 120 of gestation.
Note: Ultrasound scanning to confirm pregnancy is recommended on day 14 or 15 after ovulation. If the mare is nonpregnant, it is advised to cease Ovu-Mate administration and to administer an injection of prostaglandin F2 to destroy any luteal tissue that may still be present, allowing the mare to return to oestrus and be re-mated.
This product is not indicated for use in male horses. This product is contraindicated for use in mares suffering from uterine infections.
• Unused feed must be destroyed and not given to any other animals.
• Ovu-Mate must be added to the feed immediately prior to consumption and not stored.
MEAT WITHHOLDING PERIOD
DO NOT USE less than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption.
RACING/EVENT WITHHOLDING PERIOD
If used in performance animals, the regulations of the relevant authorities regarding medication should be observed.
If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 131126 or in New Zealand 0800 764 766.
Dispose of empty container by wrapping with paper and putting in garbage.
Store below 25°C (Air conditioning). Protect from light.
APVMA Approval No. 63265/12x6mL/0709 (Australia)
ACVM A10081 (New Zealand)
SENASA No. 12-079 (Argentina)